Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Housewarming Party

I decided to have a housewarming/Canada Day/Independence Day party on the weekend of July 4. It was a regular United Nations of people........my Mexican friends came, friends from Canada as well as friends from the United States. Since I still do not have any furniture in my living room, I thought it was the perfect time to have a party - there is no chance of things getting spilled on or wrecked! I received some awesome housewarming gifts....margarita glasses, cutlery, wine glasses, beer glasses and a really nice bottle of Reposada Tequila along with shot glasses. Hmmmm, I am sensing a theme - no plants as housewarming gifts here........I guess they must know how bad I am with plants!!

One of my Mexican friends Sandra decided to make jello shots in honor of the event and did them in festive colors of the Canadian flag (she is half Canadian/half Mexican. She also did some blue ones to include our American friends - so we had them in red, white and blue.

Friends Mike and Omar after one of the shots!


It was a great time and in true patriotic style, we had several Canadian flags throughout the house. Some of my Canadian friends even came dressed in red and white.

Friend Stan and my friend Winter aka "Mommy Dearest" representing the US dressed in red, white and blue.



We were also lucky to have some of my musician friends from one of the local bands that play at Bora's pub come and play a few tunes.



Jackson trying to use his puppy dog eyes to get some of the great food.


My good friend Marta with Antonio


A big thanks to everyone for coming and for the lovely housewarming gifts!

4 comments:

Chrissy y Keith said...

Excellent! looks like a good time was had by all. Who need furniture anyway?

Steve Cotton said...

It looks as if everyone ad a great time. I was sorry to have missed it. Next year!

BoBo's Mom said...

Jackson was wondering why no one dropped him a bun :)

New Beginnings said...

Yes, it was a great time. Unfortunately for Jackson, no one dropped anything for him at this party!