Friday, December 12, 2008

Last day in La Manzanilla

Today is my last day in La Manzanilla. It is hard to believe that I have been here for 4 weeks! My Spanish has improved considerably and I have a solid base to improve upon. I will have to make a concerted effort to continue practicing on a daily basis once I am back in Manzanillo.

I have become quite attached to my host family here in La Manzanilla and I will miss them dearly. The family and I have developed a strong connection and Rosaura and I have become good friends. They are a very special family and I feel so fortunate to have had this opportunity to stay with them and get to know them. I know that we will be life long friends. They have asked me to come back and visit which I will do often. Natalia, the 3 year old, and I have also developed quite a bond. Every day, when I come home from school, she yells out my name and comes running to me and gives me a huge hug. She likes to crawl into the hammock with me and always ask me to sing the same lullaby every day - Rock a Bye Baby. I sang it to her one day and since then, she demands that I sing it to her daily!

Isn't she precious?


Rosaura wanted to learn how to make lasagna, so earlier in the week, we gathered all the necessary ingredients and I taught her how to make my favorite lasagna recipe. The whole family loved it and thinks that Rosaura and I should open a restaurant here! She has also asked that next time I visit, I teach her how to make risotto.

Ketzali and Gina


It is going to be an emotional goodbye for me this evening. It will also be a big adjustment for the dogs to have to go back to my small apartment after being free to roam and play outside all day. They absolutely love it out here.

No comments: