Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A year older....wiser?

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for their birthday wishes over the weekend. They definitely brought a smile to my face. I have been having a really tough time lately so reading all your messages and talking to you guys really helped lift my spirits. Also, sorry if I have not responded promptly to your e-mail messages as I have been having MAJOR computer issues and my laptop has been gone with the repair guy more than it has been with me the last few weeks.

My friend D and I had a joint birthday party at a local hostel here on the weekend. She knows the owner (and he is a fellow Canadian from Alberta) and he said we could have the party there. It is a great spot - there is a pool, a palapa and a kitchen area that we could use. My friend D made one of my favorite comfort foods - perogies. She and Cynthia were up until 4am one night making dozens and dozens of perogies. They were sooooooooo good. A big thanks to D and Cynthia.

Listening to some tunes from one of the musician's from Bora's pub.


Many countries were represented at the party - Mexico, Canada, US, France, England and Holland




The other birthday girl with friend Paco


Cynthia and Diego cooking up some perogies. Hmmmmmmm....


Talia and Derek dancing

Thanks to everyone for coming!


Party end time - this is AM Camelia!


We had ordered pizza earlier in the night from Sam's Pizzeria. The owners are friends of ours and they make the most amazing pizza - Derek is another Albertan and Talia is from here. For those of you from Manzanillo, try their pizza, it is fantastic! They are located in Santiago next to the cemetary if you want to eat there or alternatively, they deliver!

Quick cat update. I dropped off the one kitten to it's new owner last week. It was surprisingly emotional........YES, I actually cried. It is hard to believe how attached I am to the little munchkins. And to think I was not a cat person! Also, one of the kittens ended up at the veteranarian for 3 days as she was vomiting and not eating after the spay surgery. I picked her up the other day and she is doing much better. She is just on some antibiotic medication and I have to clean her incision every day. For those of you who know me, this is NOT an easy task for me.

More good news.......we have found another home for one of the kittens. My friend Sandra told me that that she has convinced one of our friends to take one and he will take it by the end of next week.

There have been some amazing sunsets lately. Here is one from my friend Michelle's house in La Punta

6 comments:

Chrissy y Keith said...

Thanks for the update. I have been wondering how you were doing. good job on being a cat mommy. I can understand the heart break and elation when you find them a new home.

Leslie Harris said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Steve Cotton said...

Happy birthday, kiddo. I was in Manzanillo yesterday. Jiggs is really sick again, but I think he will be fine. Back there on Saturday for a follow-up.

Julian in SC said...

A late Bappy Hirtday!!

Been reading your blog from the beginning after finding it from Steve Cotton's and was starting to get worried. Glad it was just the normal computer hell...

Enjoy reading your blog a lot... hope you been to feel better about things and get "Happy" to go with your birthday!

Julian

New Beginnings said...

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!

Steve - what is wrong with Jiggs? What did the doc say?

Steve Cotton said...

He has an intenstinal infection. With antibiotics, the bleeding has stopped. But he still refuses to eat dry food. He has conned me into giving him bread and canned food. I can hardly wait to hear what the vet says on Saturday.